Kool

Power amplifier question

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Hello everyone,,

So I have an Onkyo tx nr656 and I recently aquired a Crown Micro Tech 1200 power amplifier. I connected the power amplifier to my left and right front channel speakers. Now these two speakers work fine, however when the power amplifier is on all of the other surround sound speakers no longer produce audio. When I turn the crown power amplifier off the surround sound speakers then produce audio. Its like once I turn on the crown amplifier, the onkyo reciver stops powering any of the surround speakers and the crown amp just takes control of the front left and right speakers. I was wondering is this supposed to happen? Is there anyway to have the power amp just power the front two speakers and the onkyo receiver handle the other speakers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
On 11/7/2020 at 4:57 AM, Kool said:

Hello everyone,,

So I have an Onkyo tx nr656 and I recently aquired a Crown Micro Tech 1200 power amplifier. I connected the power amplifier to my left and right front channel speakers. Now these two speakers work fine, however when the power amplifier is on all of the other surround sound speakers no longer produce audio showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ https://vidmate.cool/. When I turn the crown power amplifier off the surround sound speakers then produce audio. Its like once I turn on the crown amplifier, the onkyo reciver stops powering any of the surround speakers and the crown amp just takes control of the front left and right speakers. I was wondering is this supposed to happen? Is there anyway to have the power amp just power the front two speakers and the onkyo receiver handle the other speakers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not 100% sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Onkyo runs in either poweramp or preamp modes and can't do both at the same time. Most likely it detects the super high input impedance and ramps down the power output to protect the output stage, but has the side-effect of starving the surround speakers because you can't run passive speakers on line voltages. Looking at the manual, you might be able to get the effect that you want by hooking the Crown up to the Line Out jacks for Zone Two and running both zones at the same time. The other option would be to get a cheap power amp to run the surrounds.

FWIW, most power amplifiers (or integrated receivers) don't handle getting hooked up as a line-level source very well, so the fact that the Onkyo was able to run itself down from being a 100 watts-per-channel system to keep from blowing up the Crown or the speakers down-stream from the Crown is pretty cool. Anyway, I'd take a look to see what the recommended method is for running your receiver as a preamplifier is. My guess is to hook up the power amp to the Zone Two line-out jacks, but I'm sure people with more experience with that amp than mine (zero) will have some suggestions. 

Edytowane przez Kool

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
On 11/10/2020 at 10:54 AM, Kool said:

I'm not 100% sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Onkyo runs in either poweramp or preamp modes and can't do both at the same time. Most likely it detects the super high input impedance and ramps down the power output to protect the output stage, but has the side-effect of starving the surround speakers because you can't run passive speakers on line voltages. Looking at the manual, you might be able to get the effect that you want by hooking the Crown up to the Line Out jacks for Zone Two and running both zones at the same time. The other option would be to get a cheap power amp to run the surrounds.

FWIW, most power amplifiers (or integrated receivers) don't handle getting hooked up as a line-level source very well, so the fact that the Onkyo was able to run itself down from being a 100 watts-per-channel system to keep from blowing up the Crown or the speakers down-stream from the Crown is pretty cool. Anyway, I'd take a look to see what the recommended method is for running your receiver as a preamplifier is. My guess is to hook up the power amp to the Zone Two line-out jacks, but I'm sure people with more experience with that amp than mine (zero) will have some suggestions. 

thanks for the awesome information.

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta
On 8/28/2021 at 8:21 PM, yuvsaha123 said:

thanks for the awesome information.

https://breakfasthoursofficial.com/ruby-tuesday-menu
https://breakfasthoursofficial.com/dunkin-donuts-breakfast-hours
https://breakfasthoursofficial.com/mcdonalds-breakfast-hours

thanks alot my issue has been fixed.

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta

Load pull analysis is just an empirical way to find the optimum load impedance depending on your performance criteria. Depending on if you're optimizing for power transfer, efficiency, emissions, linearity you can map contours to determine the best trade off. It can also be used to characterize an amp's performance under adverse load conditions (e.g. detuned antenna).

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta